What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
Subsidies are paid to employers who bring on students for a meaningful WIL opportunity. WIL Digital provides:
- 50% of the student’s salary, up to $5,000; or
- 70% of the student’s salary, up to $7,000, if the student falls within one of the following under-represented groups: Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Indigenous students, Newcomers (immigrants who immigrated within the last 5 years), students with disabilities, visible minorities and first-year students.
What is required to Qualify
- Applications must be from a Registered business or Not-for-profit organization that provides a student with a meaningful work placement which includes a Digital or Technology component and uses technology in some capacity
- You are hiring for a Net New*Net New is determined by subtracting the number of students hired in a fiscal year prior to first participating in the WIL Digital Program.position. Please refer to our Employer Program Guide for more details.
For example, if the company hired 3 students in the fiscal year (April 1 to March 31) prior to participating in the WIL Digital program, then the company must intend to hire 4 students in this fiscal year to qualify for 1 subsidy.
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details
ICTC’s WIL Digital supports Canadian businesses that offer student work placements within the Digital Economy. Please refer to the below guide for more information
WIL Digital Models
ICTC’s innovate micro-learning model courses, designed with the input from industry and academic experts introduces post-secondary students to essential components of Canada’s digital economy. This exclusive program is available at no cost to WIL Digital students and employers.
Eligible students can participate in one or more of the following courses:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Intelligent Retail and Commerce
- Advanced Manufacturing
Benefits for employers:
- Your students will gain relevant competence and skills to fit the needs of your business
- Your students have access to the next and most innovation generation of work-integrated learning available on the market
Benefits for students:
- You will acquire job readiness skills
- You will receive an industry-recognized certificate of completion that can be added to your portfolio
- You will be introduced to pathways leading you to a career in the digital economy
*To learn more about our online learning tools, please email The WIL Digital Team
- FAQ – Survey Monkey
- To access your old application in fluid review, please select https://wil-digital.fluidreview.com/. No NEW applications will be accepted in Fluid Reviews.
WIL Employer Hosni Zaouali has used the ICTC WIL program several times, and sees the many benefits for both students and employers! On Multiple occasions Hosni Zaouali has been part of the ICTC WIL Digital program and sees a lot of benefits for both the employer and the student.
ICTC support measures:
- Flexible start and end dates
- Remote placements are now eligible
- Mid point payment available during placement
These COVID-19 flexibility measures are ending as of April 30, 2021 (Winter 2021 term):
- $7500 subsidy model
- Net new requirement
- Post-secondary institutions may apply as employers
If you have any questions, please contact our team: